Monday, August 30, 2004

Presence

I am nearly 50 (so they say).
I don't take a stand on any kind of issues... I don't interfere in other peoples lives, interrupt in conversations, try to make my presence known in a forum or even have a sense of style.
I never learned how!
It's a shame, too! I wanted and needed a role model when I was growing up... no one seemed to want the job though.

I think we would all like to do the right thing... I know I would. To be there for others... choose to count someone in and be able to count on someone.

My son is now 24... I 've always wanted him to have a good start in life... to have a sense of who he is... confidence and character... with a spark of self awareness... the kind needed to make a presence... so other people won't and don't blame or try to shame him for their inadequacies... just enough spark to ward off life's "little" bullies.
No one can do anything about the big bullys.

I can only hope that I have done right by my son, If I haven't... it isn't for the lack of not wanting to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


============================================================

The Rhythm Of My Heart
I Love Rod Stewart


Blogchalk
United States
Kentucky
English
Female,46-50

Interestes
building web pages, todays nursing
and
online journal/ramblings

:)



..Link To Me..
Link To Me


e mail me

Site Meter